THE BEST TIME TO ESCAPE TO MADAGASCAR
Madagascar is a tropical island. It is characterized by the same 4 seasons common throughout the world – spring, autumn, summer, and winter – yet the distinction between seasons is minimal enough to make much of the country accessible year-round.
During the summer season – that is to say, the months of January and February – rain makes for a steady drumbeat. So certain remote places will not accessible by car. That said, you are in the hands of a professional and experienced driver and guide, so do not hesitate to ask about where we might gain access using less-traveled pathways. We are here to give you the most from your stay.
ABOUT NATIONAL PARKS
In all National Parks and Reserves administered by ANGAP (National Association for the Management of Protected Areas), accompaniment by a local guide is obligatory.
- It is essential to take local guides to enrich your experiences, specifically the details in the parks.
- It is mandatory to pay for tickets before entering the park.
MOBILE INTERNET AND NETWORK
Though we encourage you to disconnect from your devices while you’re here, Madgascar is a wired country. Among arriving into Antananarivo, you will be able to choose among several cell operators offering both voice and internet services.
Do not forget before traveling:
- Medications from your doctor
- Antibiotics, anti-inflammatories, anti-emetics, anti-nausea pills
- Anti-mosquito lotion and sunscreen
- Appropriate shoes for your planned adventure
- Lamp or torch
- Hat, sunglasses
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
- – We are a “leave no trace” company
- – Fady (the country’s taboos) must be respected, even if you yourself are not a believer
- – Absolutely no sex tourism